- Grade II listed, three bedroom thatched cottage, offered for sale with no onward chain
- The property finds itself sat within the middle of a mature and colourful garden
- Full of charm and character, the cottage also enjoys exceptionally high ceilings
- Property is arranged over a series of levels, yet the accommodation flows exceptionally well
- Kitchen is located within an extension of the original build
- Located at the end of a no through road and enjoying open countryside views
- Detached double garage, driveway parking and small outbuilding for garden materials
- Living room with inglenook fireplace with open fire found within
- Three double bedrooms, family bathroom and additional cloakroom
- A highly unique and individual property that comes with a high recommendation to view
Welcome to The Thatched Cottage, a home which is full of charm and character as one would expect from a Grade II listed, black and white cottage. Offering stunning mature gardens, a wonderful water feature to the front of the home and backing onto open countryside, the home is certainly a property that you will want to visit.
Offered for sale with no onward chain, the property is at a stage where any new owners will want to put their own mark on the property, yet this allows for someone to create their perfect home, rather than purchase someone else's taste and style.
Located at the head of a no through lane, the home enjoys peace and tranquillity yet for those needing to commute, the property is located within a 5-minute drive of Junction 12 of the M5 motorway, whilst Cheltenham, Stroud and Gloucester are all within a short drive.
Stepping out of your car on arrival, the first thing you will hear is the sound of running water as the stream runs along the bottom boundary of the property. A small waterfall cascades water into what would have originally been a 'sheep dip' as it then travels on alongside the properties garden.
Of the gardens, they surround the home and are mature and colourful and offer a high degree of privacy. Within the garden is an outbuilding, perfect for the storing of garden tools whilst at the head of the garden is a detached double garage which has a parking area to the front.
Stepping inside, the cottage surprises as where one would expect low ceilings, traditionally found within this property type, yet within The Thatched Cottage, this is not the case and there are no restricted head heights anywhere within the building.
On the ground floor is a large and spacious living room with a central open fireplace and a kitchen/breakfast room which is found within an extension of the original build. The property then offers a split level with steps dropping down to a lower level where there is the first of the three double bedrooms and a cloakroom.
Moving upwards, there are two staircases, the first leads to Bedroom two, which runs above the first bedroom and cloakroom. A further, independent staircase, leading upwards from the living room takes you to the main bedroom and the family bathroom.
To summarise, The Thatched Cottage is a home that is full of period features, and is a home that despite requiring some modernisation, is a home that makes you smile, not only when you approach, but when you walk around and it is because of this, that viewings come highly recommended.
Please enter the following postcode into your sat nav system: GL10 3DQ. The property is located at the end of the lane on the right hand side
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.