- A former mill that has been beautifully restored into what is now a super two/three bedroom home
- Enjoying a countryside setting, yet is only minutes from Montpellier and the Promenade
- Ground floor enjoys: Entrance hall, cloakroom, utility room and kitchen/breakfast room
- Wonderful sitting room, flooded with plenty of natural light due to the exceptionally large windows
- Accommodation completed by reception room 3/bedroom 3 and family bathroom
- Retaining a wealth of the history of yesteryear, the property personifies charm and character
- Large, spacious, free flowing accommodation across all three floors
- Split staircase from the ground floor leads to the elevated dining area
- Master bedroom with the most wonderful en suite bathroom. Guest bedroom, a double room
- Beautiful, mature gardens offering lawns, seating area, well stocked beds and water feature
A uniquely characterful Mill home, only 5 miles from Cheltenham.
Boddington Mill is a stunning former flour mill in the beautiful hamlet of Boddington. Surrounded by lovely walks and farmland, the Mill is only 5 miles from the centre of Cheltenham and 7 miles from Tewkesbury and Gloucester. There is an excellent public house, The Gloucester Old Spot, in walking distance, Cheltenham Racecourse is a 10 minute drive and the M5 and M50 are also within easy reach.
The Mill is thought to date in part to the Tudor and Victorian periods. It has a wealth of character features, including the original mill workings. The enormous cast iron wheels, levers and cogs run vertically through the centre of the house. The property was converted during the 1980's and great care was taken to display the period features sympathetically.
These striking features were enhanced with the addition of many reclaimed period pieces, including:
An intricate cast iron balustrade on the mezzanine
Doors made from elegant reclaimed shutters
Stunning solid oak flooring
Striking multi-tonal flagstone tiles
Cantilevered wooden staircase
The property has landscaped south west facing gardens including olive, pear, greengage, victoria plums, apple and damson trees. To the front there is off road parking for several vehicles.
The Mill has an interesting history. Apparently some sections of it were bought by an eccentric millionaire who collected bits of buildings he liked from all over the world. He then shipped them to Malibu where he built an enormous private estate. The Malibu Mill is alleged to have once been home to Barbara Streisand...
The owner says:
The Mill has the friendliest atmosphere of any house I've ever known. It has a rare ambience that everyone comments on. It's cosy and warm and feels solidly safe in the winter, but is airy and filled with light and the scent of the garden in the summer. Family matters dictate my moving to another part of the world - I wish I could take the Mill with me. It has been an absolute joy living here. It's a real rural retreat but is only minutes from supermarkets and amenities..."
This is a rare opportunity to own a piece of fascinating local agricultural history, sensitively converted into a dramatic and design-centred contemporary home.
For an extended family there could be an option to add a two storey extension to the rear of the Mill. This wouldn't really impact the garden or neighbours but would add two double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms plus a light filled link. Subject to planning permission.
Services: mains water, calor gas, electricity and septic filtration drainage. Local Authority Tewkesbury Borough Council. Tel: 01684 295010
From Cheltenham head out of Cheltenham on the A4019. Continue over the M5 and turn left just after the Gloucester Old Spot public house signposted Boddington. After approximately 0.25 of a mile, the property is on your right
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.